Wild Blueberry Spiced Muffins
Wild Blueberry spiced muffins contain the spices nutmeg and cinnamon and while they may contain small amounts, the taste is huge.
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg and milk. Add egg mixture and butter to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400 degrees F or 205 degrees C for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.