Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp cold butter or margarine
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Add egg, milk, butter and lemon peel; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries. Spread in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. For topping, combine sugar, flour, walnuts and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done.
Keep up to date on our newest recipes.
Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.