- 2 5 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
- 1 .25 ounce package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
In a saucepan, heat milk and butter to 110 F 43 C
In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk mixture.
Add the sugar, salt, egg and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form soft dough.
Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with melted butter.
Combine sugar, cinnamon and lemon peel; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in of edges. Top with blueberries; press into dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
Cut each into 12 slices. Place, cut side down, in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
Bake at 375 F 190 C for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
For glaze, combine sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a desired consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks.