- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup wild blueberries.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Ads eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to mixture alternately with 1/2 cup of milk, sugar and egg mixture.
- Add grated rind of lemon. Carefully fold in blueberries. Bake at 350 F or 175 C for 60 minutes or until testing done.
- Cool 5-10 minutes. Mix 1/2 cup of sugar and juice of lemon and allow to sit for a while before pouring over bread in the pan.
- Let stand 30 minutes before removing from pan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!