Wild Blueberry Delight.
- Blueberry Delight.
- 2 cups (500 ml) wild blueberries
- 1 heaping tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- Crumb mixture:
- 1 cup (250 ml) pre-sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (250 ml) lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (500 ml) quick oats
Combine wild blueberries and 1 heaping tablespoon (15 mL) of brown sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil and mash with a fork into a jam-like mixture.
In a separate bowl, blend or sift together flour, baking soda and salt, Cut in butter or margarine, 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar and quick oats.
Press half of the mixture into bottom of a greased 8-inch (20-cm) square pan. Cover evenly with cooled blueberry filling. Cover with remaining crumb mixture and pat until smooth. Bake in preheated 325° F (160° C) oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool before cutting into squares. Serve squares plain or topped with whipped topping, ice cream or whipping cream.