- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups wild blueberries
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together 4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup flour and 2/3 cup sugar. Cut in 6 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!