Wild Blueberry Apple Crisp
As the apple and wild blueberry seasons briefly meet, today we salute both fruit by providing a recipe for Wild Blueberry Apple Crisp.
- 1 pint wild blueberries
- 2 cups tart apples sliced and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- One egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon cream
Butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and put in blueberries and apples. Sprinkle in lemon juice and brown sugar.
Mix next four ingredients, stirring in egg and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Top with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon; bake at 350° F or 177 C for 35 to 40 minutes.
Serve warm with cream.
Makes six servings