Very Berry Salsa
Serve our Very Berry Salsa over fruit sorbet or as a condiment with poultry or pork.
- 1 pint wild blueberries
- 1 pnt strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp minced sweet onions
- 1 tbsp blueberry or raspberry vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 or 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds toasted
Rinse berries and dry on paper towels. Hull strawberries and cut into quarters.
In bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, sugar, onion, vinegar, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
Refrigerate for at least one hour
Just before serving, stir in almonds
Makes about three cups or 12 servings.