No Bake Wild Blueberry Pie
As far as recipes go, they don't come better than the ones that do not require any baking. The most difficult part of our No Bake Wild Blueberry Cheese Pie is boiling water.
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crumb crust or baked pastry shell
- 1 8-ounced package cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice from concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries
In a large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup lemon juice and vanilla.
Pour into prepared crust.
In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch, mix well. Add water and remaining two tablespoons of lemon juice and then blueberries. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until thick and clear.
Cool ten minutes. Spread over pie. Chill three hours or until set.
Makes one 9 inch pie. Refrigerate leftovers