- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup unbleached white flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F or 176 C and greased 8-inch square baking pan
- In a medium bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa, baking powder and soda.
- Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients; mix until just combined
- Gently fold in walnuts and blueberries
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and not sticky.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!