Wild Blueberry Trifle
This dessertlooks so good you may want to use it as a centerpiece. Chances are however it still wouldn't make it through a meal.
- 3 cups wild blueberries divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet cream
- I cup heavy cream whipping
- I tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 8 slices pound cake half of a 10.75-ounce frozen cake
- I package vanilla pudding and pie filling 2-3/4 ounces
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- I teaspoon vanilla extract
n medium sized bowl, place 2-1/2 cups of blueberries; stir in sugar; with fork, mash about 1/3 of blueberries.
In another bowl, whip cream and confectioners' sugar; set aside.
Cut pound cake in 1-inch cubes. Prepare pudding as directed, using only 1-1/4 cups
milk; place plastic wrap or waxed paper directly over pudding.
Stir vanilla into cooled pudding; fold in half of sweetened whipped cream.
In eight parfait or wine glasses or dessert bowls, arrange layers of cake cubes, sugared blueberries and pudding, repeating twice.
Cover loosely with plastic wrap; chill. Just before serving, top with remaining whipped
cream and blueberries.