Wild Blueberry Streusel Cobbler
The unfinished look of a cobbler might be the origin of the name as one mean was to put something together roughly. Whatever the case our Wild Blueberry Streusel is put together just fine.
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 1 can of condensed sweetened milk
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons of cold margarine or butter
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- vanilla ice cream optional
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In medium mixing bowl combine blueberries sweetened condensed milk and rind set aside.
In large mixing bowl cut 3/4 cup margarine into 1 1/2 cup biscuit mix until crumbly.
Stir in blueberry mixture and spread in greased 9-inch Square baking pan.
In small mixing bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and sugar. Cut in remaining
2 tablespoons of margarine until crumbly.
Stir in nuts and sprinkle evenly over cobbler.
Bake one hour to one hour and ten minutes until golden brown.