Wild Blueberry Individual Trifle
- 3 cups fresh blueberries divided
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 8 slices pound cake
- 1 2 3/4- ounce package vanilla
- pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted sliced almonds for garnish optional
- Mint leaves for garnish optional
In a medium-sized bowl, place 2 1/2 cups of the blueberries; stir in sugar. With a fork, mash about 1/3 of the berries. In another bowl, whip cream and confectioners' sugar; set aside.
Cut pound cake in 1 inch cubes. Prepare pudding as directed, using only 1 1/4 cups milk; place plastic wrap or waxed paper directly on pudding.
Stir vanilla into cooled pudding, fold in half of the sweetened whipped cream. In eight parfait or wine glasses, or dessert bowls, arrange alternate layers of cake cubes, sugared blueberries and pudding, repeating twice.
Cover loosely with plastic wrap; chill. Just before serving, top with remaining whipped cream and blueberries. If desired, sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and top with mint leaves.