- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 1/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour or 2 1/2 cups of sifted cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of wild blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Mix sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in flour mix with baking powder and salt alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Stir in the vanilla and beat well. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pads filling cups 2/3 full.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, flour, and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs over muffins.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven 375 F or 190 C for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown serve warm.
Yield 12 muffins
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!