- cup unsifted flour stir to aerate before measuring
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- Extra butter and maple syrup
- On wax paper thoroughly stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda andsalt. In a medium bowl beat egg until thickened and pale lemon color; add dry ingredients, buttermilk and melted butter; stir until dry ingredients are moistened but mixture is still lumpy.
- Fold in blueberries. Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, bake on a greased hot griddle; batter will be thick so use a small spatula to help it onto griddle, then spread until each pancake is between 3 and 4 inches in diameter.
- Bake until brown on underside, then turn and brown topside. Serve hot with extra butter and maple syrup.
Makes about 10 pancakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!