Icy Blueberry Muffins
Our Icy Blueberry Muffins recipe give you the opportunity to use frozen wild blueberries without having to thaw them. How great is that?
- Our Icy Blueberry Muffins recipe give you the opportunity to use frozen wild blueberries without having to thaw them. How great is that?
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries unthawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.