- 1 16 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 cup shortening
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl combine first eight filling ingredients. Stir in blueberries; set aside. If for crust, combine flour, sugar and mace in another bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture is pea-size chunks.
- Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and toss lightly with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface and using a floured rolling pin, roll to a 10 inch circle. Place into 9 inch pie pan. Spoon filling into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll second half of dough to fit top of pie moisten edge of bottom crust; place top crust over. Firm and under bottom crust; flute with fingers. Beat egg with water; brush over crust. Cut slits in top. Bake at 425° F 218 C for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!