Orange Glazed Wild Blueberry Donuts
Orange Glazed Wild Blueberry Donuts are low fat. How low? Each donut has only ½ gram of fat.
- 2 cups cake flour
- Two eggs
- ¾ cup low-fat buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup wild blueberries halved
- orange glaze Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Half teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix together cake flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and orange zest in a large bowl.
Add egg, buttermilk, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Whisk ingredients together.
Gently fold in the blueberries
Pour the batter into a lightly grease doughnut pan
Bake at 400° F or 204° C for about 8 minutes
To make the glaze: whisk together orange juice, milk, vanilla extract in powdered sugar.
Once the doughnuts have baked, keep them aside for about 5 minutes to let them cool.
Dip both sides of the donuts into the glaze.
Place the donuts in a cooling rack and allowed the glaze to dry before serving