- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Add egg, milk, butter and lemon peel; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the blueberries. Spread in a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour, walnuts and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (176 degrees Celsius) for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!